Monday, January 21, 2013

Dr Jampala Chowdary - Upcoming TANA Election

Here is a note from Dr Jampala Chowdary gaaru, for those of you in the blog world and not on face book....

************************************************************
"
Friends:

The Nominations and Elections Committee of Telugu Association of North America (TANA) announced the schedule for the organizational elections for 2013-2015.

After consulting with many TANA Members, supporters and friends and dilignet deliberation, I am announcing my candidacy for the position of Executive Vice-President (EVP - also known as President-Elect). I humbly request your support for my candidacy. Together, I believe, we can help TANA continue as the most effective organization serving Telugu people, Telugu language and Telugu culture.

I have been a member of TANA since 1981 and a Life-member since 1990. I have been an active volunteer of TANA since 1992 and have been involved in many of the activities that brought glory to TANA worldwide. This is the FIRST TIME THAT I AM ACTUALLY CONTESTING AN ELECTION IN TANA.

The reason for me to contest now after staying away from elections all these years is simple. TANA is the oldest, the largest and most active among all ethnic Indian organizations in North America. However, I believe that the future of the organization that we all love and respect is at a crucial junction. We need a strong and credible leadership that reinvigorates and involves all the members, a leadership that can provide a clear vision and strategic direction to the organization. The long term survival of the organization needs to be ensured.

I have been actively involved with TANA for more than two decades. I have a good understanding of the issues confronting the organization. I have ideas and plans for ensuring the future success of the organization. I am a hard working, successful professional and social activist with a track record of being able to bring together people with different perspectives and designing innovative and implementable solutions. I think I can serve the organization best in the role of Executive Vice-President now and as President later. I promise that, if you give me the opportunity, I will make every effort to make TANA an organization responsive to the needs of the membership and a unique and successful organization that we can all continue to be proud of.

I would very much want you to be standing by my side and supporting me as we embark on this journey.
Thank you for your support! It means a lot to me. – V. Chowdary Jampala

PS: Please vist http://www.cjampala.com/
"



**************************************************************

His FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/ChowdaryJampalaForTanaPresident

I say - "For the greater good of telugu language, for the cause(s) of telugu people - May you and you only win in the upcoming election - Dr V Chowdary Jampala"

No comments:

Post a Comment