Saturday, October 22, 2011

ఆలూరి బైరాగి గీతానికి శ్రీ శ్రీ ఆంగ్లానువాదం చదివి నోటిమాట లేకుండా మ్రాన్పడిపోయా!

"నాకు కొంచెం నమ్మకమివ్వు" - ఆలూరి బైరాగి గీతానికి శ్రీ శ్రీ ఆంగ్లానువాదం

(ఆలూరి బైరాగి సంస్మరణ సంచిక 1979)

అనువాదం చదివి, గగుర్పాటు చెంది, అలా నోటిమాట లేకుండా మ్రాన్పడిపోయా!

బైరాగి ఒకందుకు కారుణజన్ముడైతే, ఈయన ఇంకొకందుకు కారణజన్ముడని - ఈ మనిషి నిజంగా కారణజన్ముడే అని మరోసారి - మరోసారి తెలుసుకున్నా....


Grant me a grain of faith
And I'll pulverize the hills
And throw out the tomato sun
and the pancake moon
And make a clean sweep of the sky
I'll crush the universe in my arms
And wipe out the destiny of destitute man
With a single stroke of my pen
And neck out injustice and iniquity
   from the mighty mansion of life
And a lot more I'll do
But grant me a grain of faith
Then I'll challenge Time
Balance myself, head downwards
on the pin-point of Siva's trident
And make every home a flower garden
   and the heavenly park an orchard
    of ambrosial fruits
I'll scare the crows away with my toy gun
And fill up the wells with the world's rubbish
    and dig up new water tanks
Beneath the canopy of the sky
I'll set up new drinking places
    with thirst quenching mirages
    of my invention
When the tavern of the world is over crowded
I'll build another by its side
Tearing the indigo coloured cloth of the sky
I'll stich shirts for all the bare backed poor
I'll do anything anything
Only do grant me a grain of faith
For the faithless being is an empty cigarette tin
The faithless heart is an empty box of matches
The faithless life is burnt out cigarette ash
One may have everything everything
but life is nothing without faith
So grant me faith faith faith faith

No comments:

Post a Comment